Earlier this month I published a post about telemarketers called “Lower Than Pond Scum.” That opinion has not changed. I decided recently after receiving more phone calls from several other area codes like 800, 888, 866, unrecognizable other area codes, to publish a list of all the telemarketing phone numbers that I have in my Call Blocker app on my Blackberry. I figure they must be telemarketers, because when forwarded to Voice Mail–they always hang up. Perhaps you might find some use for this list. It is the only reason I am publishing it.
When I have spoken to any telemarketers in the past and before I just got fed up with them, they were trying to sell their learning institutions for education, auto insurance, newspaper subscriptions, pre-paid credit cards, cruises, membership in buying clubs, and I can’t remember what else. I got so sick and tired of telemarketers calling me all day long and giving me sales pitches about everything under the sun and often with a barely understandable Indian accent, I decided to use the Call Blocker app.
Remember to put your phone number on the Do Not Call list, and if you continue to get calls after your number is on the list, report their numbers to the Feds.
Here is the list: (I alternately bolded the area codes in groups just to make them easier to distinguish.) After I first published this post, any new numbers added are in colors other than black.
- 201-000-8001 561-288-0361 806-787-6053
- 281-397-0158 616-980-1306 866-355-6815
- 312-735-8952 620-860-2755 837-436-2529
- 314-607-2119 706-805-1345 918-671-5160
- 317-551-5565 720-452-5556 949-111-7689
- 404-214-4996 757-961-3544 904-398-0080
- 415-302-0290 800-290-5898 913-730-1244
- 425-372-0491 800-355-5265 919-288-9335
- 425-390-8107 858-301-2015 956-242-2931
- 432-553-8817 858-309-3000 970-776-9659
- 469-854-3882 866-259-2788 817-319-6047
- 484-515-0892 888-823-0934 610-849-1500
- 712-898-2598 704-576-4304 888–559-6054
- 425-390-8919 866–380-6355
If I receive a new number that is not already on my call blocker app, I let it go to voicemail. However, if the caller hangs up without leaving a message, it is almost certain it’s a telemarketing call, so I add the number to my call blocker list and deny a second opportunity for them to leave a voicemail message. They get once chance to leave a message; not a second chance.
If the caller is not a telemarketer, they almost always leave a message. I would be tickled pink to let a call from our glorious (?) president go to voice mail. HAHAHA!!
Hope this helps you.
- From Australia: http://prankingtelemarketers87ways.wordpress.com
- Telemarketing: mobile phone numbers made public – spam (prankingtelemarketers87ways.wordpress.com)
- No Call List Members Frustrated By Telemarketer Calls (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Dear Telemarketers (randomletterstotheworld.wordpress.com)
- Mo. No Call List for Cell Phones (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
- Telemarketers to foot bill for ‘do not call’ enforcement (cbc.ca)
- Dodging the Telemarketers (veryverybusymom.com)
- Android has got to be a telemarketer’s worst nightmare (pocketables.net)
- CRTC raps telemarketers for do-not-call violations (cbc.ca)
- Is ‘Do Not Call’ list still working? Some say no (wbaltv.com)
- Press One if by LAN, Two if by Sea… (eset.com)
- Cell Phone Do Not Call Registry | Blog (rackspace.com)
- Voice Mail Greeting (absolutelymindboggling.wordpress.com)
- Missouri governor signs bill adding cellphones to No Call List (columbiamissourian.com)
- Thousands Sign Up Cellphones For Mo. No-Call List (fox2now.com)
- Nixon, Koster: Do as we say, not as we do (midwestdemocracy.com)
- Do Not Call list not stopping robo calls (wave3.com)