Before TV started advertising all sorts of medications for all sorts of maladies, I had only heard of a tiny fraction of the illnesses, diseases, and afflictions that torment mankind.
My God, I had no idea the world was under attack by more germs, bacteria, and physical ailments than all the armies in history combined into one large group!
I’m sure most of us had never heard of all the ailments brought to our attention by Madison Avenue advertising agencies. It’s enough to make anyone depressed! Thank God for medications, eh? The only problem is, it is extremely rare that any medication comes with no side effects, and some of the side effects are, in my opinion, worse than the malady. Hell, I’d rather suffer with the malady than risk side effects like a heart attack, sudden stroke or instantaneous pregnancy!
There is a new drug, now, called Putridoxyn. It is used to treat a number of different ailments, but the side effects–well, I don’t think they are worth the risk.
Some of the side effects are:
- hair growing out of fingernails and toenails
- eyes crossing
- hair falling out of only one side of the head
- ears drooping below the jaw line
- birthmarks appearing at various places
- whites of the eyes turning lavender
- men developing only one breast
- women developing a third breast
- an uncontrollable urge to have sex with a chupacabra
- hallucinations of being Science Officer Spock
- nasal passages expanding large enough to insert TWO fingers
- inability to take more than two steps forward and one backward
…and there are more side effects, but the list is just too long!
It is imperative that you speak with your doctor before taking any medication advertised on TV. After all, the ultimate benefactor of the mass sale and use of medications, especially prescription medications, are the drug companies who make BILLIONS, TRILLIONS even, from the sale of these drugs (which are ludicrously overpriced).
The key factor to consider is not if the drug will HELP you, but what are the side effects that may KILL you!
Also keep in mind–the purpose of these ads is to get you to take money out of your wallet and give it to the pharmaceutical companies–so they can take highly expensive vacations to Bora Bora and to finance their mansions, life styles and maintenance on their Lamborghini’s.
Absolutely Mind Boggling!
- Acid Reflux Medication Side Effects (answers.com)
- Side Effects of Cholesterol-Lowering Treatments (everydayhealth.com)
- Osteoporosis Treatments Side Effects (answers.com)
- The Side Effects of Chemotherapy (everydayhealth.com)
- 5 questions to ask about your prescription (kevinmd.com)
- Why everyone on medication needs Rxisk.org (leoniefennell.wordpress.com)
- Arm Yourself with Facts about Unsafe Medication Negative effects (tuespacioholistico.com)
- Boniva Lawsuits Illustrate How the Drug Can Cause Many Side Effects (unsafeconsumerproducts.typepad.com)